One of the things that we need to know that as a human, all the emotions/thoughts that arise within us are natural. You are not a lesser or a larger human by experiencing any of the negative emotions if you are. We not only tend to shame ourselves, we also tend to passively or aggressively shame others’. Hence, even though we do the lip service that it is natural, we most times don’t have the courage to call out our bluff.
The fact is an emotion is an emotion…just that!! An emotion is NOT who you are. For example, I got this message, “thanks for sharing about the workshop…I am not the jealous types”. No one is any “types”. Don’t mistake the emotional label for who YOU truly are. Do not label yourself and do not label anyone else.
The emotion in and of itself is just pointing out to a need. Hare k emotion kuch keh raha hai. Kya aap sun rahe hain? Remember even though content is king…the context is the Kingdom. Always remind yourself of the context.
Here are 5 tips on how we can manage jealousy:
1. Recognize and acknowledge your feelings of jealousy. It’s important to understand that jealousy is a normal human emotion, but it should not control your actions or thoughts.
2. Identify the source of your jealousy. Are you jealous of a specific person or situation? Understanding the root cause of your jealousy can help you better manage it.
3. Communicate openly and honestly with your partner. If you’re feeling jealous in a relationship, it’s important to talk about it with your partner. Being open and honest about your feelings can help to build trust and understanding.
4. Practice self-care and self-compassion. Take care of yourself both physically and emotionally. Practice self-compassion by being kind and understanding with yourself.
5. Focus on the positive aspects of your life and relationships. Try to remember all the things you have to be grateful for and appreciate the positive aspects of your life and relationships. Instead of dwelling on feelings of jealousy, focus on the things that bring you joy and fulfillment.